IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is an English language proficiency test of international standard. IELTS is managed by the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations, the British Council and IDP Education Pvt. Ltd.
• Academic IELTS – This test is for student who aspire for higher education in foreign universities and for professionals like medical professionals who either want to study or practice in an English speaking country
• General Training – This test is designed for those who aspire to undertake non- academic training / gain work experience or for immigration to English speaking countryThere are 4 parts of this examination which lasts for approximately 3 hours – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. The scores are normally valid for 2 years and the results are accepted all over the world including France, Singapore, Australia, UK, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand, USA, Dubai and many institutions in Europe.
|Listening (There are 4 sections and 40 questions)||30 minutes|
|Reading (There are 3 sections and 40 questions)||60 minutes|
|Writing (There are 2 tasks only)||60 minutes|
|Speaking ( Direct interviews with task to talk on some topic)||11 to 14 minutes|
Most universities accept band scores from 6 to more. For professional courses like medical profession minimum band score of 7 is essential.
For more information about IELTS please contact our counsellors.
Why Gateway Abroad?
- Experience of more than 10 years in guiding the students to pursue their dreams and fly high in the sky.
- cater our students with the best and highly skilled trainers to ensure that students are served to their expectation
- wide network of institutions around the world where 3000+ students have taken admission
- Flexi batch timings and small number of students, so necessary attention can be paid to each and every student and their problems can be solved
- After class one to one session and regular progress monitoring
- Ample course material to enhance your level of English
A. You can register for the IELTS test online, in-person or by completing a form.Q. How long is an IELTS score valid?
A. IELTS score is valid 2 years.
Q. How soon can a candidate resit the test?
A. A candidate may resit the IELTS test at any time.Q. Can a candidate pay for the test fee by cheque or cash?
A. No. Payment of the test fee by cheque or cash is NOT acceptable.
Q. Can a candidate withdraw/cancel/postpone application for the test?
A. Only if the candidate withdraws the application before 5 weeks of the examination date. A particular amount is deducted and rest is transferred. If withdrawn later than 5 weeks nothing will be refunded.
Q. What happens if a candidate is unable to appear for the test?
A. In the event a registered candidate fails to appear for their IELTS test, the candidate is deemed an absentee and a refund will not be applicable.
Q. What happens if a candidate could not attend the test due to some unavoidable circumstances?
A. Under normal circumstances, you will be treated as an absentee. However, there are some special circumstances under which your application may be considered with some conditions.
Q. What if a candidate needs additional TRF’s to be sent to Institutions?
A. This form MUST be completed by the Candidate and the FEE MUST be enclosed to enable processing. Centre may send up to five additional TRF’s to reorganizations. The centre may charge a postal fee for results sent internationally or by courier